Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My DELL Experience

Dear guys,
Still remember i had a bad experience with ACER laptop, and bought DELL as my second laptop??
During my purchasde the DELL, the sales man did wrong partition for me.
Instead of bigger D Drive, he did D drive only 10gb, and the rest of 150 gb is on C drive.
i am not used to it, so decided to format it and re-partition.
My fren helps me to format and re-install everything.
After few days, i found that it is not stable and suddenly whole screen black-out.
when on it back, appear "NTDRL is missing" and nothing can do further.
That day is on Sunday.
On monday morning, first thing came to office, i make a call to DELL, the technical support (JUNE) guide me step by step to solve the problem.
With my special request (cannot format D Drive coz got important file in it), she was very friendly and patience help me go through.
Firstly, we tried to restore file to previous date (b4 the problem), but cannot;
secondly, we tried to delete an unallocated partition, also cannot;
(at this time, she told me if rellay cannot then have to take out hard disk and place it on external har disk case, then format it. For a computer idiot like me , i am so afraid to do so, and donno how to do it also)
finally, she guide me to re-partition myhardisk, and resolve all problem for me...
i am so happy and thanks her like nobody. kakakaka...
and she told me the problem occured may be becoz the sequence of formatted and installation of software is not properly or correctly.
BUT, the story is not end yet....
Of coz, after formatted, i have to re-install everything.
come to the driver and utilities, i consufe again...
Remember... i am computer idiot!so many things to install, donno which to install and which shud not!!!
Then i call again to DELL.This time is Marry help me through.
Step by step, install audio, sound, webcam, bluetooth, wireless, bla bla bla...
almost come to the end, my webcam manager CD not work properly, so again,she is patiencely using GoToAssist (*something she can connect and control my mouse and keyboard) and help me install EVERYTHING!haha....
after all, i send an appraisal letter to their department, to praise June & Marry! My Dell working like normal again, help me earn lot lot money again! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment