Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Dell Experience 2

After the incident last 2 week, LAST WEEK, my laptop die again....
Blue Screen, cannot start windows, bla bla bla...
i was so sad and feel unhappy.
Therefore, i called back to Dell again, report the issue to one of the Technical support, Darshan, and she help me up to check the problem.
and finally, we Fix the problem by re-format again the laptop.
But this time, i am already backed-up all info in laptop, so not much issue incured.

so that evening, i re-installed everything into my laptop, and it's work quite well.
suddenly, the windows pop-up ask me to update, and of coz i click on YES.
then my laptop restart, and Shit! it was blue screen again!!!!

i was angry this time, so darshan ask me to insert the operating system CD, and check my hard disk & software thoroughly this time.
i asked Drashan whether can get technician on site to assist me but she said not, coz is not hard ware problem....
So, DELL on site warranty is not always available.........

I learned a lesson here: although is black & white terms & conditions, but sometimes they can twist their words to make the warranty not available for some issue...

After a while, only check the hard disk, my laptop run normally again.
so i dun care so much this time. use my laptop like always.

The next day morning, when i turned on the laptop, Gosh!!!! it was blue screen again!!!
i felt like crying coz nobody can help me!! even though is DELL!!!

Soooo, i called to DELL again, this time a guy called Chin Leong helping me.
He answered the called, then told me: "sorry miss, if blue screen, you have to re-format your laptop."
This time, i am very angry, and raised up my voice: "did you read my history reported to DELL??? how many times you want me re-format my laptop???"
Then he read my history and apologies to me for not being read my history carefully.

so he passed me to patricia. (may be becoz not happy as i was scolding him)
Patricia also cannot help me, and Darshan was not available on that time.
After their internal discussion, Benjamin answered my call, and asked me to re-check my hard disk and software, but he also cant get any solution from there.

few hours later, Darshan called me back, and she taught me step-by step to go back history record in my windows update. and found out that this happened immediately windows update.
so she told me to turned off the windows update permanently.
I asked her: how come i used other brand laptop got no such a problem in windows update?"
She replied: "DELL is like that. Always not to turn on the windows update, if not file will corrupted." :(

After that, i got no choice, to do formatting again.
When come to installing the software, May Ong helping me.
And she asked me to keep her words: "if the laptop happened same issue, i will ask technician to come and help you".

Finally...... somebody give me some promise on that headache issue......

Hopefully, my laptop being good girl.... dun naughty again...

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for your luck with Dell. I had my Dell Laptop for little less then a year before I started having major problems with it.

    I just got a Toshiba in May, and I absolutely love it! Although I did have a few problems with Windows Vista in the begining, that's long since taken care of by the 3-year waranty I got with it.

    I do not recomend a Dell to anyone. All I can do is wish you good luck. So, Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!
    same to you.... Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used few brands of laptop b4 and for me, Dell gives me less problem compare to Acer and HP/Compaq...

    ReplyDelete